Re: Mail message screen shots

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/1/1999; 8:47:18 AM
Topic:Scripting News Bulletins via Email

An idea that I just thought of would be to 'push' these bulletins to Frontier users via xml-rpc.

That is an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. It wouldn't just be for Frontier users of course. Remember that XML-RPC is cross-platform and cross-environment. It could connect to pretty much any environment. The real trick to this project was getting the HTML to come out in a scalable way. Shooting bits via XML-RPC is childsplay, unless there's a killer app lurking on the other side of this, we'll wait a bit. We're going to have a software product that we'll want to install in the thousands on workstations, and that product will be a likely candidate for this kind of port. It's a nice idea, something between chat and email and web writing. But then *all* our stuff is like that. I'm rambling. Short answer: Interesting idea!