Viewing Channel XML Text

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/6/1999; 7:46:54 AM
Topic:New My.UserLand.Com Engine

I'm working on the web-interface, looking for other ways to browse the information we're accumulating in My.UserLand.Com. There are definitely more ways to go. And other benefits that we can deliver.

(An example, we'll archive channels every night on a public server so we can track their evolution a few years from now when all this stuff is commonplace. I wish the web had such archives. We'll have them here, maybe starting later today.)

Anyway, I just added a new diagnostic tool that makes it easy to view the XML text for any channel. I needed this to be able to more quickly diagnose the issues with "problem channels". No more flying blind.

Here's an example:

http://my.userland.com/viewXmlText$588

That RSS file had an error. Look for the red *** in the text for the location of the error.

Here's an example of a file that parses correctly:

http://my.userland.com/viewXmlText$586