Re: My.UserLand.Com Change Notes

Author:David Detlefsen
Posted:6/6/1999; 5:39:24 PM
Topic:New My.UserLand.Com Engine

I like the idea of recently updated channels.

How about setting it up as a channel by itself?

Better yet, how about looking to see what channels a user has subscribed to and then presenting a filtered list based on that?

We've been doing something along these lines with a thing we have running that organizes reports by topic and puts up a dynamic website of the content...we have a channel being generated by the frontier/vb package that lists reports that are new within the last 20 days.

This seems like a good way for people to cut down their meanderings on the net (does anybody want to do that?) along with condensing and defining what they want to see. From a business point of view, I think this kind of information will help people see where the action is if proper channels are constructed and served.

Keep it up.

Dave