Re: $15,000 to Burn

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/11/1999; 6:37:25 AM
Topic:$15,000 to Burn

Last month, I bought a $1700 PIII 500Mhz random clone machine, same RAM, nothing special about the drive, etc. and my renders now take five minutes. All four renders, with screwing around on my part, take about 30 mins and I now sometimes get to go home before Buffy (metaphorically speaking, of course).

We should figure out what's going on there, it's not Frontier per se that's taking that much time. Something inefficient is in your scripts, we do tens of thousands of page renders here per day on a 450Mhz machine (the one you're using right now).