Re: How often does My.Userland.com update?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/14/1999; 9:01:46 AM
Topic:How often does My.Userland.com update?

Is it because some piece of Sun software a failed? (Just a joke :-)

Close!

A piece of UserLand software is still in development and has glitches. It's our "Batch Job Server" a new machine that handles offloaded time-consuming tasks like doing hundreds of HTTP requests and mail sends. The software is new, and it pushes some of our systems harder than they ever have been pushed and it's revealing bugs that had previously been hidden.

The good news is that we found a bug after looking at the error logs from last night, so round-the-clock updating is more likely, pending further glitch discoveries.

So the answer to your question is that it udpates once per hour, when it's working correctly.