Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
a few ramblings...
Author: Mark Nottingham Posted: 6/16/1999; 7:49:04 PM Topic: ScriptingNews 2.0b1 Comments Msg #: 7475 (In response to 7426) Prev/Next: 7474 / 7476
* SkipHours and SkipDays seem prone to misinterpretation. Perhaps either force people to specify a
, or use SkipGMTHours, SkipGMTDays, to remind them that silicon valley isn't the only place on the net <0.6 wink>?
* I'm new to the scene, but it seems like there's already a lot of fragmentation in the standards. Perhaps it should be 'extended rss' or the like - it's hard enough getting content providers to produce one file...
* I agree very much that some of the syntax is cumbersome. More attributes on tags! Also, the contact fields' (webmaster, etc) format is a bit vague; what's allowable as an e-mail address? Why not have the contact's name as the payload of the tag, and the actual e-mail address as an attribute?
* associating a date with each item would be very nice. HTTP-date? Unix epoch? dunno.
* There can be many formats for an item; you've done the 'free-flow text' type. Wouldn't it be nice to support this as well as the stock 'headline / link ' and a better 'headline / link / description ' format as well? Or does it?
Keep up the good work...
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:50:51 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.