Re: textToXml - CF_scriptingNews

Author:Andy
Posted:6/17/1999; 8:19:42 PM
Topic:Scripts to produce Channel files?

I'll do a readme and submit to the Cold Fusion Tag Gallery this weekend.

Visit http://www.searchatlanta.com/text2xml/index.cfm?file=inputFile.txt

of download the .CFM at ftp://www.searchatlanta.com/%2FAnonymous/scriptingNews.cfm

It's a custom tag, and takes all the header info as parameters, ie. cf_scriptingNews webmaster="email@domain.ext" ...

It also takes a FILE="" and BASEPATH="" for server file path, or an ADDY for http access.

I'll likely throw in a start and end demarker of the text region to grab, so that it can be used on existing pages.

It returns a variable called XML or writes the results to the parameter outputfile.

Thanks to BlueRiver for the bluegrass jam (32k real audio 5.0 feed) that fueled this creation.