launch.application() under Windows

Author:muir@nonlineardynamics.com
Posted:6/21/1999; 12:14:22 PM
Topic:launch.application() under Windows

I'm having a problem when using the launch.application verb while running NT. I have a java program that I want to call from within Frontier and then load its results into the Database. The program has to go to the web, and it can take a while to return its results, so I'd like to wait until it's finished before the rest of the script runs. That's the problem right there.

As soon as the application is launched, the call to that verb returns and the script runs to completion on an old data set. Is there any way to know when this extra application has run to completionand terminated? Thanks for the help ahead of time.