Re: Hidden failure of MSIE

Author:Josh Lucas
Posted:6/23/1999; 9:22:35 AM
Topic:Hidden failure of Win2k

2) Write some kind of ActiveX control to do it and persuade people to download it

I normally don't like to plug my own stuff but I wrote an java applet which is an editor. This at least can help those who don't use IE. I have been using it for the past couple of weeks as my only writing tool. It is integrated with the mainResponder and discussionGroup architecture but that can be changed if needed. It can be found here, http://www.stonecottage.com/josh/java/editorApplet.html.

The current version can style text in bold, italics, or bold and italics as well as insert links whereever they are needed. An updated version which I'm working on today will add editorial things like word count, send the written text as email, and some other things. That version will hopefully be uploaded this afternoon or evening.

josh