Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Re: Hidden failure of MSIE
Author: Ian Davis Posted: 6/23/1999; 7:44:17 AM Topic: Hidden failure of Win2k Msg #: 7698 (In response to 7696) Prev/Next: 7697 / 7699
Another reason to keep the text editor in the web browser crippled -- to protect sales of Office, which includes Word. They do a hack to "integrate" Word with the web. But MSIE is already very nicely integrated with the web. It just needs a decent text editor.
Well you have three options:
1) Keep lobbying MS to add this useful functionality into IE
2) Write some kind of ActiveX control to do it and persuade people to download it
3) Change to a vendor that does listen to it's developers or customise an open source browser and persuade people to use that.
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Hidden failure of MSIE, Dave Winer, 6/23/1999; 7:51:33 AM
- Re: Hidden failure of MSIE, Jeff Barr, 6/23/1999; 9:00:22 AM
- Re: Hidden failure of MSIE, Josh Lucas, 6/23/1999; 9:22:35 AM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:50:59 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.