Re: Hidden failure of MSIE

Author:Christopher H. Laco
Posted:6/23/1999; 9:57:19 AM
Topic:Hidden failure of Win2k

OK, I'll bite on this part of the thread..

Two words why client side ActiveX is a bad idea when it comes to browser features: CROSS PLATFORM

What about IE 4.x for the MacOS?

I won't claim to know a lot about this area, but I've seen the words "Activex" in relationship to IE involving the Mac platform, but I've yet to see it in real life.

Why do I always create DHTML, or HTML + JavaScript instead of Using more powerful ActiveX objects in HTML? Cross Platform.

I'd be more than happy to create compiled client side ActiveX objects using my familiar MS development environments and languages, but it doesn't do me any good when I can't even run it on more than one platform.

Want to make me and a kajillian other web programers happy? Bring ActiveX to the Mac version of IE...

But i digress...back to the origional thread...

Why make this an add-on? Why can't MS simply make the already used