Re: One program to read, another to write

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:6/23/1999; 12:25:45 PM
Topic:Hidden failure of Win2k

Sounds like a place hwere an html editor Java pplet could really be useful

Yes, but that would require every site to provide a java applet for download for their forms. So it would work on certain sites were people visit with everything enabled.

And a java applet would not work out of the box for this site (discuss), since there is not only a textarea in the submit, but also a textbox. I'd need a different applet for my web mail site. (to, subject, body).

This is sounding more and more like the promise of opendoc (not necessarily the implementation, but the promise.)

eric