Re: What's so bad about Word?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/23/1999; 5:06:20 PM
Topic:Hidden failure of Win2k

I use Word for outlining and for writing. It certainly stands head and shoulders above clunky ol' Frontier when it comes the user interface to outlining.

I guess I deserve that for criticizing MSIE as a writing tool.

However, it would be useful to me to know in what ways the interface to outlining in Word is superior to that of Frontier. We want to do outlining very well, and will take ideas for improvement from anywhere.

Also, to clarify my criticism of Word, it has to do with it as a web writing tool, not as a writing tool. Just want to be sure that's clear. I wouldn't care about Word unless it was holding back MSIE as a writer's tool, then I care very much.