Re: Linux RDBMS Info

Author:Hannes Wallnöfer
Posted:6/29/1999; 8:38:38 AM
Topic:NT Licensing is worse than you fear.

I haven't used it myself, but I've heard good things about Software AG's Adabas D.

I remember somebody telling me they solved their scalability problems by switching from MySQL to Adabas D. It also seems to support multithreading, online backups, and two-phase commit for distributed transactions.

SuSE has been bundling/selling Adabas D for Linux for a long time. The price for a 10 users license is 295 US$ while an unlimited users license is 2995 $.