Sherlock and XML

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:7/2/1999; 7:06:32 AM
Topic:Sherlock and XML

From my experimental weblog, Experimental Monastic.

WOW: I didn't know that a developer can create a Sherlock plugin which will allow Sherlock to interpret and display search results which are returned in XML. This opens a whole new door.

Now I want an XML result-set and a Sherlock plugin for Frontier SE sites like search.userland.com. Even the generation of the plugin could be automated- your system just inserts your search url into the plugin source. Frontier developers could do this in an hour, I think.