XML + XSL + CSS

Author:Pat Breitenbach
Posted:7/2/1999; 12:46:46 PM
Topic:Syndication formats mailing list

Here's an introductory on where I think this stuff might go. basically you write your content in XML, convert to HTML via XSL and add formatting with CSS. Sounds daunting at first just to do a web log but probably people will create nice XSL and CSS tampltes for a specific XML-schema or DTD and you'll be able to use them as is or tweak as necessary. Then, hopefully your back to spending most or all of your time on content.

http://www.insidedhtml.com/tips/xml/ts01/page1.asp

I would think a scripting environment would be able to translate the XML into HTML via XSL since XSL is IE 5-only at the moment.

ps sites like this that call themselves "SiteExperts" seem to undermine themselves by having such a cruddy site.