Re: OurYahoo.com

Author:Bernie DeKoven
Posted:7/3/1999; 11:30:28 AM
Topic:OurYahoo.com

I have enthusiastically received a few enthusiastic comments about OurYahoo.com

Forgive me if I misled or misdirected or just plain missed. There is no OurYahoo.com. Only an inevitability. An unavoidable outcome of the tools and ideas we've been playing with. Tools that make it as easy to publish to the web as it is to make hardcopy.

Really, there is no OurYahoo.com. Not yet. There prototypes. Like, for example, this very technology that has enabled the publication of this very message. And we all have access to real-time application-sharing, thanks currently to WebEx. And most of us know how to use an outliner, in real-time, to help people collect their thoughts. So we know how to work with people at a distance, via phone and WebEx and outliner and word processor and spread sheeter and PowerPointer. And we know how easy it would be for people to put their work on the Internet. And how profitable it would be

But there isn't any such thing as OurYahoo.com.

Not actually.

Not quite yet.