What did you say?

Author:dgrenier@wheatonma.edu
Posted:7/6/1999; 8:57:07 AM
Topic:Link colors

"If you guys have girlfriends or wives."

Lets just stop right there.

My sweetie is a law student, I'm a writer. I cook for her. If the people on this DG can't get their heads out of outdated gender roles, what other pieces of inflexible societal baggage are you taking into these conversations? Perhaps that is why communication is so difficult sometimes.

I've never seen someone get a plate of food dumped on their head for criticizing the meal, but I have seen people get drinks thrown in their faces for making sexist assumptions.