Re: WhoIs.Userland.Com and Network Solutions

Author:Dave Winer

I chose my words carefully. We have the right to opt-out of any service, as much as a user has the right to opt-out. You are not a customer there, you are a user. Similar in some ways, different in others.

Legal treachery is a a good reason for me to at least pause for thought. I'm not a lawyer, but it's clear that I don't own that information, and the people who are providing it are claiming ownership right in your face and mine. I'd have to leave that awful text on the screen, and it would raise doubts in everyone's mind, and likely flood my mailbox with flames from strangers, and I don't have the time to deal with it. So, it goes on hiatus.