Distinction between opening GDB with filemenu vs. db.open?

Author:erik
Posted:7/8/1999; 6:58:39 PM
Topic:Distinction between opening GDB with filemenu vs. db.open?

I don't see why there are these two systems for accessing GDBs.

The main page for db.* says this:

"They should not be used with guest databases that are open to the interactive user."

Why?

The reason I'm asking is I'm writing some procedures to examine log files and produce summaries. Right now I'm using filemenu.open and of course all the log files flash before my eyes.

erik