Re: Distinction between opening GDB with filemenu vs. db.open?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/8/1999; 7:03:38 PM
Topic:Distinction between opening GDB with filemenu vs. db.open?

The reason why is that when we did the db.xxx verbs we didn't know we were going to do guest dbs. The db.xxx verbs predate guest dbs by five years.

fileMenu.open takes an optional second paramter, a boolean, that says whether the window is open hidden. If you look at mainResponder.openFile you'll see an example of how to call it.