Liquid HTML in news stories?

Author:Roger Espinosa
Posted:7/20/1999; 12:59:48 PM
Topic:Liquid HTML in news stories?

A question about how the news stories are being rendered now...

...I've been somewhat amused by the whole "liquid HTML" discussion I keep running into on weblogs, part of me thinking "welcome back to the *point*", but I can usually emphathize with the sites that are pushing the design limits of HTML.

So I'm curious as to if there's a design goal in publishing the news stories with that really wide table width? I haven't been able to find any references to it (but then, this has been a time of High Chaos, and I may have missed something...)

(Loved today's DaveNet, even if I had to scroll sideways :-)