Re: next Big thing (was Mac does DHCP...)

Author:Don W Strickland
Posted:7/22/1999; 10:56:05 AM
Topic:Mac does DHCP...

What happens if the next big thing hits only on Macs because Firewire is needed and standard there? It's happened before...

yep ... it's happened before, but I hope Apple is moving away from their old business model of 'next big thing' marketing. Dell makes a lot of money without having done one single 'big thing' and I really hope Apple will get better and better at cross-platform products and solutions.

Examples of what I like from Apple; 1) MacTCP gave me access to the Internet, 2) PCMCIA slots reduced my modem cost, 3) QuickTime is a success because it is cross-platform. There are plenty more.

Mac Only is NOT a good feature in my opinion. I love using my Macs, but I will only get to keep doing that as long as they -FIT-IN-. I almost always choose a cross-platform solution over a Mac only option.

dws.