Redirection thru file system for IIS?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/26/1999; 10:16:54 AM
Topic:Redirection thru file system for IIS?

WebSTAR/Mac has a nice feature that allows you to replace a file in the server hierarchy with a "RAW" file that contains the result of the HTTP request. This allows you to put 302 Found right in the file and allows us to redirect whole folders of files easily without having to fart around with plug-ins or SSIs or whatever. The docs for this feature can be found on the StarNine website.

How to do in IIS?

We now have an IIS server that we want to move stuff off of, but want to place redirect files in place of the files we've moved. I want a simple way to do it, as described above. Does anyone know if or how this works in Microsoft IIS?