Re: Getting Stock XML - Legal?

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:7/26/1999; 10:50:19 AM
Topic:Finding/getting XML content

I'm going to explore this, try to buy a license to the feeds that the HTML versions of the quote services use, and see what walls I hit, if any.

I've looked into this before. I don't have all the URLs immediately available, but here's what I remember:

The market data is owned by the various exchanges. They have lots of rules about how it can be used.

Cheers,
Eric