Frontier plus idiot me=help.

Author:Ryan Szekeres
Posted:7/27/1999; 6:09:15 PM
Topic:Frontier plus idiot me=help.

I need some help and I think Frontier is my only hope. I need a way to email a street address somewhere and get back the latitude and longitude for the address. I'm thinking that maybe Frontier can get the email and submit a query to mapblast and then parse the resulting page to get the latitude and longitude and email it back to the sender.

It sounds weird but I'm a ham and I'm messing around with APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System). You can hook a GPS receiver up to a radio and your computer and TNC (it's like a modem except it passes the data to the radio for transmission instead of a phone line) and have your position constantly updated. I'd like to do away with the GPS receiver since the radio I'm getting has everything else built in.

Frontier probably can't do what I want but I'll never know if I don't try or ask!