indexTable- can't get it to work

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:7/27/1999; 6:54:10 PM
Topic:indexTable- can't get it to work

So- I've got the search engine working, kindof, with my discussion groups. However, I cleared the index, because I had a bogus url in #ftpsite (so none of the searchengine links worked) and I wanted to start over.

Well, I tried the "initIndex" script that Dave posted here, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what's happening (or not happening, as the case may be). I run the script (located in the #tools table of one of my discussion groups) and it works for a while, but when done, there's nothing in config.mainresponder.data.searchEngine, and nothing is added to the index. If I edit or create messages in the discussion group, they are faithfully added to the index.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

--Steve