this isn't going to help

Author:Robert Brook
Posted:7/28/1999; 8:13:07 AM
Topic:indexTable- can't get it to work

- but I've been without my indexing for a long time now as well. I tried following the docs this morning (London time) - with no luck. I'm not seeing any pages queued for indexing, *except* when I check out with WebEdit. does this work for you?

hmm. the 'initIndex' script chokes on some code in my pages. trying to work out why - -

One thing that does work (to index pages when they are hit using MR) is to set up an 'index this page' script in the finalFilter, like so:

«bundle
	«local
		«title = adrPageTable^.title
		«url = adrPageTable^.url
		«text = searchEngine.stripMarkup (adrPageTable^.renderedText)
		«siteName = "TIME Magazine"
		«siteURL = "http://loop.timeinc.com/time/"
	«user.html.addToSearchEngine (title, url, text, sitename, siteURL)
	«thread.easycall ("user.html.addToSearchEngine", {title, url, text, sitename, siteURL})
	«return (true)

DISCLAIMER: not my own work! Whoever posted this first: 1) thanks, and 2) please identify yourself!

This script works fine, but chokes on anything longer than a 'normal' page length, with a Betty/XML error. Might work for you, though - -

Still digging, you betcha.