Re: I don't need another graduate degree

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:7/29/1999; 2:20:15 PM
Topic:The Doctor is In

I disagree somewhat here. While the lack of documentation has seriously limited my use of Frontier, the real problem for me is the unnecessary clutter of the product. It's not it should be point-and-click - you can't do that to products as flexible as Frontier. It's just that it is so _seemingly_ disorganized with so much old cruft in there and lack of guideposts that going beyond the docs is virtually impossible without an excessive investment in time and energy.

5.0 is better and on the right direction, but you have a long way to go. I like this product too much to not use it more than I do. It's frustrating. *Exactly* the same argument is part of why I'm a happy Mac guy and not a Windows person. The Mac, for all of it's faults, is considerably less cluttered.

So my suggestion: now that you have a good writer, hire a maid. :-)