Re: I don't need another graduate degree

Author:Paul-Michael Agapow
Posted:7/30/1999; 12:15:55 AM
Topic:The Doctor is In

I'd like to back Russ up here. Insert "in my opinion" and "for me" liberally throughout the following text.

The documentation is a problem. To borrow someone's metaphor, if you stray off the path of the tutorials and book (which is very easy to do), it gets very tangled very fast. This point has been bought home to me recently as my girlfriend is experimenting with shifting her site across to Frontier. The unanswerable questions start early:

"So,what exactly does Frontier do?" "Uh, everything."

"How do I use Java in my Frontier site?" "Dunno. Isn't it in the book? Maybe it's on the web somewhere."

"How can I do this?" "..."

Neither of us expect to have our hand held. But we frequently come up with what _seem_ like obvious or simple questions that answers can't be found for. I know Userland has limited resources, I know a lot of effort has been put into existing documentation. But more basic documentation is still needed.

p-m