Re: Amy Wohl on Instant Messaging

Author:John Brewer
Posted:8/2/1999; 12:29:18 PM
Topic:Amy Wohl on Instant Messaging

Are you seriously suggesting that my website should be taxed so IM users don't have to see ads? When I think of IM, I think of cybersex, software piracy, and security holes. I don't really have a problem with any of this, unless IM users want to force me to pay for it.

Last time I checked, the phone system was run by a whole bunch of for-profit companies. And yet people use the phone system for lots of non-commercial uses. (And of course phone service in countries where the government runs it generally sucks.)