Developer needed in San Francisco

Author:Tac Leung
Posted:8/2/1999; 11:18:06 PM
Topic:Where to Post Frontier Develpment Job

While the door's open, I thought I might just slip this in:

Frontier developer needed on-site in San Francisco to maintain and enhance several domains rendered via Frontier.

We currently have one developer working long distance and need a second to come into the office several days a week. The developer will join a fast-paced team, working with the Webmaster, a site designer, and a Perl programmer to keep the sites running smoothly as they are updated.

The candidate will also help develop and install suites to manage content workflow and automate publishing.

Our sites are stored in Frontier 6 on an NT machine, which renders the pages as flat HTML, using various macros to automate production. We have a content management intranet served live via mainResponder, and we are in the process of building an automated publishing system in tandem with it.

We are exploring a possible move to hosting more of the sites via mainResponder. We are installing an NT Frontier server outside our firewall to handle search functions for the sites.

Responsibilities include: scripting new macros as the need arises, structuring Frontier databases to accomodate site designs, and aiding in the planning of future development.

In addition to UserTalk, a strong working knowledge of HTML 4, CSS and some Javascript would come in handy. The ability to work independently, as well as with a team, is very important.

For more information, contact Tac Leung: tacleung@nasw.org.