Have you looked at EditIt?

Author:Jim Byrne
Posted:8/3/1999; 6:47:51 AM
Topic:Where to Post Frontier Develpment Job

Hi,

I have a very simple cgi/Macro that puts an 'Edit this Page' button on static pages. Security has to be handled by your webserver. Also I am sure there will be some utility to allow you to hide or show parts of your web page ( i.e the edit button) according to IP address. On the Mac I use Net cloak.

I know this does not fit in exactly with the strategy you have described but it is extremely easy to impliment and allows users to edit pages with just a browser.

More information and installation instructions for EditIt at: http://www.ispn.gcal.ac.uk/Frontier/editItMacro/index.html