Re: More 1.1c

Author:Hal O'Brien
Posted:8/3/1999; 9:12:13 AM
Topic:More 1.1c

Dave, some feedback...

First, I think the original piece of semi-antique software to be released was Lotus Agenda, back in Sept. 1998. It can be found at:

http://www2.support.lotus.com/ftp/pub/desktop/Agenda/dos/

I dunno, maybe Agenda isn't old enough for your purposes. :) But it was the first time, to my knowledge, that a software company released a long-unsold product.

Next, there's at least one outliner out there, Jot+Notes. It can be found at:

http://www.kingstairs.com

Michael Marshall, the author, has been working on Jot since 1993, and it shows -- it's pretty smooth. Can't say it has all the features you used to have in MORE/ThinkTank/etc., simply because I've never used them, but still...

And most importantly of all, I want to say Thanks for being an instigator in all this. I've long thought that there's tons of genuinely usable software out there that just doesn't happen to be "recent". Still works just fine, heck, on today's machines, they blaze away.

But this is a way coooooooooooooooooool thing you're helping along, Dave.

-- Hal