extending mainresponder

Author:Tom Fuerstner
Posted:8/3/1999; 12:08:32 PM
Topic:extending mainresponder

hi,

today i wanted to extend the mainresponder in a special way. my intention was ( and still is )to implement some kind of sessionID-service to free myself of the use of cookies. I wanted to put a post-argument to the URI i returned to the client. e.g.: www.domain.com/htmlinterfaces/discussionGroup/default?sessionID=633746372nkx. it was especially difficult because the paramtable.respondersHeader couldnt be changed through a script in the config.mainresponder.callback table. Has someone an idea how i can reach my goal ??

by Tom Fuerstner