Re: Is it time to short AOL?

Author:John Roberts
Posted:8/8/1999; 3:49:09 PM
Topic:Is it time to short AOL?

AOL has been counted dead a few too many times to believe that THIS series of obstacles is really going to cause them much grief.

AOL's recent purchases of Moviefone, NullSoft, and Spinner.com show that they're not going to let the web move without them, even as they defend their core space (and compete with MS to make people think that their environment IS the web).

I was just thinking it was time to BUY AOL.

But I'm a miserable tout in the stock world, so maybe that's the best sign that you're right about shorting them. ;-)