Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/9/1999; 7:16:19 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

DaveNet: Deep Linking.

May I link to an article on InfoWorld.Com? Hmmmm.

Outliners.Com: MORE 3.1. This was the final version of MORE, released in December 1991. From here we'll go back in time and fill in the missing pieces.

MORE 3.1 box: Front, Back; more MORE 3.1 scans.

Dan Bricklin: "Here I was visiting old castles and at the same time people from all over the world were trying out old software!"

Jakob Nielsen: Video and Streaming Media. "Most sites would improve if they replaced streaming video with an alternative format such as a comic strip-like sequence of photos with captions."

Despair.Com: "Suzan Woods, a spokesman for Marimba, was quick to contest witnesses' characterizations, saying, 'Kim did not push anyone. She utilized an open-standard technique, developed at Marimba, called the Distributed Unilateral Momentum Protocol, or DUMP. If anyone prints that she pushed, we’ll sue.'"

Apologies for the outages over the weekend. See the Dig We Must message from Friday. It was very prescient. There was corruption in our membership database. Now it's clean, so if that was the problem, it is no more. As they say, Still diggin!