Re: Deep Linking to Infoworld

Author:James Spahr
Posted:8/12/1999; 9:38:50 AM
Topic:Deep Linking

Deep linking is not new. Its been going on for over a hundred years. They are called footnotes. If I use Infoworld as a source in a research paper, my footnote will state the volume and page number.

How is that fundementally different than a deep link? Sure its easier and faster on the web, but the result is the same - I don't see the ads in the rest of the publication.

I guess my local bookmark file is full of illegal links as well....