re: Walter Crosby's email

Author:Jason Levine
Posted:8/13/1999; 2:05:51 PM
Topic:re: Walter Crosby's email

In the exchange you refer to the correspondent had my prior consent to confidentiality.

But as Sidney Markowitz has pointed out, you explicitly mentioned before that all you wanted was an indication within an email that the person didn't want to be quoted. In addition, journalists don't require prior consent; within an exchange, a request for confidentiality at any point is generally respected.

I'm not clear what you mean by "and my guarantee that at least I'm going to be hesitant to help expose truths to the world through Scripting News..."

It was just after "Just my $0.02 -- ", and in context, it means "just my guarantee that at least I'm going to be hesitant to help expose truths to the world through Scripting News." In other words, in the past you've asked for input or help on many things, both technical and non-technical, and I've never thought twice about jotting off a quick email to you or one of your staff. From now on, I will need to think very long and hard about whether or not I wish to keep my comments or help off the record or out of public notice, and if there's even the smallest iota of a chance that I will, then the "Send" button won't ever get clicked. That's it.

/jason