Re: Another request: Hoisting in Explorer

Author:Michael Winser
Posted:8/14/1999; 6:20:47 PM
Topic:Feature Request for Windows Explorer

Explorer has always supported a "re-use current window" option that is at least partially what you want.

In Win98 and Windows 2000 (as well as with IE 4 with ActiveDesktop), the explorer supports forward and back (exactly as with IE) so every navigate is effectively a push.

I realize that it would be nice to have more explicit control so that by default opening a folder icon created a new explorer window but if you right click and choose "hoist" that it navigates the current window. I'm pretty sure this could be done with a shell extension. If I can find the time next week I'll see about doing it.

Michael