Feature Request for Windows Explorer

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/14/1999; 10:59:56 AM
Topic:Feature Request for Windows Explorer

For the last few months I've been doing lots of work with deeply nested folders of XML files, and up until then I hadn't been using the Explorer app that comes with Windows. Instead I had been 2clicking on icons and ending up with lots of open windows.

But as my Windows work has gotten more structured and I've been depending on the file system more for storage of lots of little files I've become a power user of the Explorer app. I like it, it grows on you.

Now I may be one of a very small number of people who mastered the web before I mastered Windows, so this may sound like an oddball request, but:

I want a Favorites menu in the Explorer!

It should be pretty obvious how that would work. Just like the one in MSIE. That's the suggestion.

If Microsoft wants to show appreciation, give $100 to The Nature Conservancy.