Another request: Hoisting in Explorer

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/14/1999; 11:12:09 AM
Topic:Feature Request for Windows Explorer

Another feature request for Windows Explorer..

I want the ability to Hoist a folder. There would be a balancing command, called De-Hoist.

What Hoist does is push a stack. The item that the cursor is on becomes the universe. This allows me to focus my attention on just one folder. It would also be helpful when setting up a screen shot.

We've had Hoist in our outliners since the mid-80s. Useful feature.