Re: Opening Up Linux Journal and O'Reilly

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:8/25/1999; 9:17:17 AM
Topic:Opening Up Linux Journal and O'Reilly

(I don't speak for UserLand.)

This is not addressing my point. In fact it reflects an irony and something for O'Reilly to ponder. I trust the O'Reilly people to think this thru (not so sure about Linux Journal).

Disclaimer: I haven't looked at recent issues of the Linux Journal.

In the past, the LJ has always covered open source and proprietary software. They've had reviews, articles and advertisements for proprietary tools.

If anything, their policy has always been to avoid Windows. Ask two questions: Would they cover a commercial C compiler for Linux? Would they cover Python for Windows?

Cheers,
Eric