Re: Marijuana, health or legal issue

Author:Paul L. Bruno
Posted:8/25/1999; 12:52:38 PM
Topic:Carl Sagan and Marijuana

Sidney, I agree, you don't have to vote for someone you consider a hypocrite, and I hope we don't elect one. I'm really arguing for enough is enough with the interrogation taking place. I can't see how much GW has been hiding his left-handedness (so to speak) in this case. He's not denying, is he?

We'll have to look into the Texas Penal system to determine if there is anyone currently serving time in 1999 for using illegal narcotics more than 7 years ago -- no other crimes. Let's assume GW didn't commit any other crimes in his past.

As far as commuting any death sentences, I don't believe GW has done that. But I don't think he's killed anybody either.

I'd be interested (really, I'm not trying to snipe, I've found this discussion instructive) in hearing what everybody thinks about Clinton commuting the sentences on the FALN terrorists. Some people have said he did it to boost Hillary's senate run, since there's such a large Puerto Rican population in NY. It actually has little to do with my main point in this thread, which is that we should all mind our own business a little more (referring back to the Carl Sagan revelation).

OK, there is a connection now that I think about it: Sagan taught out of Cornell, Cornell is in NY, Hillary is running for Senate. Now can anyone find the connection to Kevin Bacon?