IPNetRouter Catharsis (was Re: Microsoft NT setup)

Author:Joseph Cerro
Posted:8/26/1999; 11:38:50 AM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

YES!!!!!! I have a lot of experience setting up and administering multiple flavors of UNIX (Solaris sparc/i86, IRIX, Linux, BSD), NT, etc., and gave up trying to configure IP Masquerading on a recent name-brand clone with a new linux installation. I had heard about IPNetRouter ($89 shareware, link is below), and I had a six year old (!!!) Mac lying around, so I gave it a try. Five minutes after downloading the software I had IP Masquerading up and running. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry -- it was actually cathartic!!

http://www.sustworks.com/products/product_ipnr.html

(standard disclaimers apply -- I'm just an impressed user with no other connection to the product.)