Re: GIFs get expensive

Author:Robert Bierman
Posted:8/26/1999; 2:16:49 PM
Topic:GIFs get expensive

Personally I use JPEG's. But that aside, read what they say. You do not need a license if all the gif's you obtained were made in compliance with their license. So therefore as long as you use a product that has legal license to do gif's you are fine. They are "willing" to have you spend $7500 and say even if the gif you got was not created under license we forgive you.

In my opinion this will be a hard one to enforce, how are they going to know if a gif itself was created under legal license or not?