The reach of DaveNet

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/27/1999; 6:41:52 AM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

I am continually impressed at how far-reaching DaveNet is.

This morning I got an email from Scott Cutler, who is Compaq's VP Advanced Technology and CTO.

I gave him all the info I have, and told him they're "probably" coming to pick the computer up between 1 and 4. He asked for my order number and I gave it to him.

I guess he's going to look into it.

Microsoft

I just got an email from Carl Stork, Microsoft's vice-president for OEMs. I know Carl, I've even been to a Seattle Mariners baseball game with him. I answered his questions and sent him my phone number.