Re: more on Flash...

Author:Oliver Wrede
Posted:8/28/1999; 11:22:11 AM
Topic:more on Flash...

When do you really need that?

I agree this is a nice feature - but not worth $3500 (minimum). I think people simply will not need it that much - and while it can make the web richer - it will be limited to those who do not have to reduce costs. If Macromedia would offer it at a cheaper price I think people would think about it.

Designing such things is a strange thing: You may want to play around with Generator and finally come to the conclusion, that you should use a different method. I won't pay $3500 for this test.

I know of high-performance commercial projects which use ImageMagick to generate images from templates. Other people swear GIMP will solve all you can imagine for images. Both are freely available for commercial users.

And if you use a Mac you may rather consider Script Photoshop or use ImageReady.

Oliver