Re: Where's the line??

Author:Heng-Cheong Leong
Posted:9/2/1999; 7:23:43 PM
Topic:Who owns what parts of your webpage?

Hi,

I would draw the line as whether you've misrepresented original content.

What I cannot convince myself to do is to look at all these issues (deep linking, scraping, search engines, Third Voice, automatic summaries, automatic deep linkings, etc) and apply different rules to them based on (weak, IMHO) qualities such as intention, profits-generated, technology-availability, traffic-direction-generated, scope, etc. Either you need permission to do all of the above, or you do not need permission to do all of the above.

-- Heng-Cheong