Re: Where's the line??

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:9/2/1999; 7:44:19 PM
Topic:Who owns what parts of your webpage?

There are only two possibilities:

1) We all agree to play nice and not swipe each other's content without asking. We don't even do deep links without asking. Everyone is polite.

2) We replace the whole idea of copyright with some other model that lets us still get credit and pay, but that is fitted to the new realities of our technology. Instead of seeing the ability to instantly copy, deeplink, summarize, etc. as problems which we attempt to limit, we see them as advantages which we encourage.

Personally I think (2) will win in the long run.